Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spur me on!

My friends have come to realize I do not write in a linear fashion. In other words I am working on several projects at once.

I used to scold myself and not work on an idea when I was working on a project. However I've come to learn this only makes me not write. It does absolutely nothing to discipline - focus on my writing. It just doesn't work for me and beating myself up over it doesn't work either.

So when I'm inspired I write. I'm inspired daily btw. But not always on the same project. I'm also one of those people who read more than one book at a time. Also I have 4-6 windows open minimal on my pc at all times, because I'm a multitasker.

Well right now "Eshe's Naisance" is the project that has blown me away. I've only been editing it for the last few months, but my friend excited me. I think I mentioned that.

Today my writing has been rapid. I realized today I really missed the character Baruti. He's not been in several chapters I've been working on and today I realize that the interaction between Eshe and Baruti is what spurs me on in this story. So today I was able to reintroduce Baruti in chapter 25 and I started the chapter today and finished it tonight and started chapter 26 then realized I better head to bed.

However I'm so excited about getting this far and knowing the story is about to climax and come to it's conclusion has thrilled me so much I had to mark this occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment