Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sharing

The last few months of been sharing with some trusted friends some of my unpublished work as I'm writing to get some feedback. Well the feedback has been positive, which is great.

What has surprised me was my reaction to theirs. There are moments when we begin to talk about the story or a specific section and one friend became so passionate about it I was shocked. Shocked he was so involved, it thrilled me. Another friend as we spoke it wasn't like I was discussing "My writing" instead we were both thrilled discussing the story. I was just as excited as she about the story.

It has been an amazing experience sharing with others these stories and to hear what they liked right along with what they don't like.

I had been writing on some teen fiction and my daughter was reading, I watched her face has she read and when her eyes lit up and she smiled as she read... I knew that was good. She writes too, so when she takes something I've written and adds it to her own stories with a twist I know that part was good. What better flattery is that?

So sharing here and there has been very good for this writers soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment