Thursday, April 15, 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration comes in the strangest ways sometimes and then other times it's natural. I get inspired to write when I listen to music. I can listen to a certain song over and over as I write.

I've noticed at times the tempo of the music is often reflected in what I'm writing. Other times I write in total silence. One thing is for sure music is inspirational to me. When I find I'm a bit blocked. I put the earphones on and crank up the iPod and allow the inspiration to flow.

The shower or a long bath works too. I think fellow writers can attest that inspiration comes in different forms. Reading a book helps to get my juices flowing too, so many other authors inspire me to write. Also spending time to simply meditate helps. To calm my mind some times allows me the focus I need or it allows my inspiration to flow.

When it flows though it flows hard and fast. I've recently been putting out almost 20+ pages a day, which is amazing for me. But when you're inspired you simply must flow with it I figured out. So I no longer scold myself and say don't work on this project or that one, do this one instead. I work on what I'm inspired to work on. I work on what is flowing in my head and not what I "think" it should be. Because I end up deleting the stuff I force myself to write anyway because to me it's just doesn't flow right.

No comments:

Post a Comment